Overview: The station manager is responsible for the long term and day to day management of AM 720. This includes both the technical operations and representing the ministry to the general public. Responsibilities include coordinating efforts of station employees and volunteers. The conduct of all activities must be in line with the teachings of the Catholic faith.
- Committed to the mission of the station and EWTN
- Possess a clear understanding of the purpose and format of Catholic Radio
- Accept responsibility for working with staff and volunteers to accomplish station goals
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner
- Assure quality in work performed in order to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Actively present Holy Family Radio in the most positive light by ensuing high quality programming, reflecting the Catholic mission, be broadcasted
- Operate and maintain the technical aspects and responsibilities of the radio station in its broadcasting capacity, including maintaining audio streaming, the transmitter and completing the EAS test.
- Maintain a professional office space, including ensure the facility is ready for business and office systems are operating in good order.
- Work closely with the HFR Board of Directors to have a schedule of programs that are of high quality, interest and service to our listeners. These programs must adhere to the HFR programming guidelines.
- Responsible for the programming accuracy of the automation software schedule. Includes uploading and scheduling programs and spot messages.
- Responsible for coordinating the production of local programming and spot message, which can include scripting, recording and final production.
- Post updates and coordinate the maintenance of the web site (www.am720.com).
- Maintain the file of FCC and government required documents, and the posted office hours at the studio.
- Secure studio coverage in the event of an absences due to appointments, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate spring and fall pledge drives, monthly donor contributions, fundraising campaigns and activities and serve as a resource person in the area of fundraising.
- Support and when appropriate take part in all marketing and promotional efforts of the ministry, including but not limited to: social media, website, public presentations and remote broadcasting opportunities.
- Seek out and secure opportunities to speak about the station and the apostolate to various audiences, with the objective of increasing listenership and assist in cultivating financial support.
- Oversee and utilize volunteers, assigning them responsibilities which use their talents and skills
- Assure the station is broadcasting from 6 a.m. until sign-off
- Notify proper individuals in case of a studio and/or facilities emergency
- Take appropriate action with any arriving letters/packages and or voice mail.
- Interact with the EWTN radio network as needed
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HolyFamilyRadio@comcast.net. For best consideration, please submit all materials no later than September 27, 2019.