Holy Family Radio Development Coordinator
This position reports to the Station Manager along with the Board of Directors and is responsible for the day to day sales and development activities of Holy Family Radio, AM 720, with the general public.
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Fundraising Committee to assist their efforts and for general guidance. As a fully listener support station, the Development Coordinator plays a vital role in Holy Family Radio’s continued operation. This part-time position will work up to 20 hours per week and includes a base hourly salary, as well as commissions for securing sponsors and program underwriters. The conduct of all activities must be in line with the teaching of the Catholic faith.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use marketing and communication best practices to establish and maintain a positive image of Holy Family Radio.
- Maintaining consistent branding through social media, website, email and direct mail outreach.
- Seek out and secure sponsors and underwriters for station activities and programming (on-air, website, podcasts, etc.)
- Secure donations and grants for station needs (capital and otherwise), in order to meet monthly expenses.
- Ensure proper stewardship and reporting of grant funds.
- Build a database of potential donors and supporters.
- Advance the mission of Holy Family Radio through fundraising and community relations.
- Develop a strategic plan for development that will include fundraising through on-air giving, on-line giving, special events, major gifts, planned giving, and management of the station’s wish list.
- Working with the Station Manager, meet with individual major donors and business representatives.
- Maintain positive relationships with all constituent groups.
- At least three years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience
- Evidence of successfully securing grants and/or donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Strong computer skills, including experience with donor databases
- Access to reliable transportation for travel to donor meetings is a must
Please submit a resume and cover letter, which demonstrates successful fundraising and/or development experience to Holy Family Radio at HolyFamilyRadio@comcast.net
For best consideration, please submit all materials no later than September 20, 2019.