- Quo Vadis and Fiat Days for those sensing a call to a vocation to priesthood or religious life (See below under Vocations).
- The Saint Thomas Moore Society will hold its annual Saint Thomas Moore and Saint John Fisher Feast Day Mass, June 22nd, 8:45 AM, Saint Theresa’s Church, New Cumberland. Bishop Gainer will be the celebrant and homilist.
- St. Joan of Arc on West Areba in Hershey is holding its Annual Festival June 20th through the 22nd, five to ten PM each evening. All kinds of activities, food, raffles, music and much more! For more information call 717-533-7168.
- It’s parish festival and picnic time! To find the one nearest you consult the Catholic Witness Newspaper on-line at www.hbgdiocese.org and look under the news and events tab.
- The Midsummer Madness 5k run/walk benefiting the Silence of Mary Home, will be July 20th, 8:30 AM, Bishop McDevitt High School. For information, contact Bill, 717-877- 1193.
- St. Joseph Parish in Milton is seeking a new parish organist/choir director. If interested call 570-742-4356.
- You can help Catholic Charities' Foster Care Program by donating unused car seats and booster seats (Note: thay must be new). Better still, consider becoming a foster parent. To donate or to explore the possibility foster parenting call Nicole or Kathy at 717-564-7115.
- Parents interested in obtaining home schooling support in the Classic Catholic Tradition through Regina Caeli can contact Candice at 717-476-4054. The Academy information is at www.rcahybrid.org.
- A solemn high Traditional Latin Mass will be celebrated every Sunday at 1:30 PM at St. Joseph’s Parish, Lancaster. For more information visit www.lancasterlatinmass.com
- All are invited to join St. Joan of Arc’s pro-life committee every 1st Friday 6:00 - 7:00 pm in the St. Lucy Chapel praying for all the innocent unborn children lost to abortion.
- If you are hurting after abortion, consider attending a weekend Rachel's Vineyard Retreat!! For information go to http://RachelsVineyard.org or call 877-HOPE-4-ME (877-467-3463)
- Catholic men and women are needed to volunteer for a prison ministry team to visit Dauphin County and Camp Hill. The commitment is about 3 hours monthly. Call Terry at 717-512-0144 for more information.
- Are you choosing a school for your child? Consider Catholic Schools. To find out more contact a school near you by using the school finder at www.GoCatholicSchools.org. You’ll be happy you did!
- The Interfaith Shelter for Homeless Families needs fresh fruits and vegetables, cleaning supplies, trash bags, and more. Donate at the Diocesan Center or the shelter, 120 Willow Road, Harrisburg. Call 717-652-8740 before delivering.
- Mychal’s Message seeks to meet the basic needs of the homeless while restoring dignity with love. To learn more visit www.mychalsmessage.org or call Sharon at 717-203-0746.
- Is there stress in your marriage? Maybe a program specifically for married couples can help – It’s called Retrouville. For confidential information call 1-800-470-2230.
Holy Family Radio Pentecost Reflection
Reflecting upon the Feast of Pentecost we recall these words of Jesus “ . . . The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
On Pentecost: The Holy Spirit came as tongues of fire and the rush of wind filling those gathered in the Upper Room with the memories of the truth and love of Jesus Christ. These disciples then went out and acted accordingly.
Here at Holy Family Radio we are grateful to God for the great gift of the Holy Spirit keeping alive the memories of all that Jesus taught and did. For it is in the remembrance of Him that we too act accordingly.
Today we live not in the shadow of this great event. No, we still live in the time of Pentecost. Act accordingly.
VOCATIONS – Quo Vadis and Fiat Days
Quo Vadis Days is for all young men ages 15 – 25 who may be discerning a vocation to priesthood or religious life. Quo Vadis Days is a retreat held June 23rd to the 27th, at Mount Saint Mary’s University and Seminary, Emmitsburg, Maryland. So, what is God’s plan for your life? To find out more, call the Office of Vocations at 717-657-4804, extension 282, or go online at H B G Diocese Dot Org ( www.hbgdiocese.org ).
Fiat Days is for all young women ages 15 – 25 who may be discerning a vocation to religious life. Fiat Days is a retreat held June 30th to July 3rd, at Mount Saint Mary’s University and Seminary, Emmitsburg, Maryland. So, what is God’s plan for your life? To find out more, call the Office of Vocations at 717-657-4804, extension 282, or go online at H B G Diocese Dot Org. ( www.hbgdiocese.org ).
A Pro-Life Mass is celebrated on the first Saturday of every month at 8 a.m. at Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Church in Harrisburg. Following Mass, participants gather at Hillcrest Clinic, 2709 N. Front Street, Harrisburg, to pray the Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Breakfast follows. Call 717-432-5415 for information.
Rosary for America and the World
A Rosary for America and the world is prayed every second Saturday of the month at noon on the square in New Oxford.
PARISH & SCHOOL NEWS
St. Joan of Arc Young Adults Ministry
All young adults of St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church between the ages of 21-35, married or single are invited to the Young Adults Ministry meeting on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 7-8:30 pm in Meeting Room C. For more information, contact John in the Youth Office at 533-1721 or at email@example.com
SPECIAL / MISC.
Donations Needed For Interfaith Shelter
The Interfaith Shelter for Homeless Families (located in Harrisburg) is in need of the following donations: computer/copy paper, pens, Ziplock bags (gallon, quart, and sandwich sizes), napkins, paper towels, toilet tissue, Pine Sol, and bathrooms cleaners. For more information, contact the shelter at 717-652-8740. Thank you for your generosity!
St. Anne’s Retirement Community in Columbia is seeking volunteers to transport Catholic residents in their wheelchairs to and from Sunday morning Mass at 10:30 am. Requested: 2 hours of volunteering once a month, from approximately 9:45 am -11:45 am. To volunteer, contact Ken Giovanelli, Director of Pastoral Care, at 717-285-6121, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prison Ministry Volunteers are needed for prison ministry includocommunion services at Dauphin County Prison on Thursdays and Saturdays. Other days are also appreciated. Contact Deacon Jim Doyle (343-1102) or e-mail OLBSDEACON@gmail.com to volunteer.
Read The Catholic Witness Online
Now You Can Read The Catholic Witness Online, wherever you go! Through a free e-mail service, you can receive the diocesan newspaper in an electronic format. Sign up for the e-mail service on the diocesan Web site at www.hbgdiocese.org. Follow the News/Events tab to The Catholic Witness page and click on Catholic Witness E-mail Sign Up. Once you complete the form, you will be added to our e-mail list. Each Friday that the newspaper is published, you will receive an e-mail with a direct link to the latest edition. Registration with the e-mail service will not cancel your mailed subscription. If you prefer to receive the online version instead of a copy in the mail, contact Circulation Coordinator, Susan Huntsberger, at email@example.com.
Interpretive Mass for people who are deaf. St. John Neumann Church 601 E. Delp Road, Lancaster, PA. Please join us on the first Sunday of each month at our regular 9 o'clock Mass for sign language interpretation for people who are deaf. Please sit in the center aisle, front row, left side facing the altar so that you may be visually in line with the interpreter. All are welcome. Marilyn Hoffman, Parish Advocate with Persons with Disability 569-8531 firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Charities Specialized Foster Care Training
Does Your Heart Break when the news of the day highlights how the traumatic events in a family affects the lives of their children? Our foster care children are victims of these tragic events. Will you take a stand and help us in providing permanence for them? Please join us for our next Training Series at Catholic Charities Specialized Foster Care with people just like you, who need to know more before they are ready to become a support for these children. Let the children know they are wanted. Please call Jeff at (717) 564-7115 or (800) 777-7003 or email email@example.com.